Proper cast net care will allow you to get many years out of your net.
1. After each use rinse your net thoroughly (with warm water if possible). Do not use any soap or detergents, just plain water.
2. Let your net dry completely before storing it. When drying your net do not hang your net with the lead line off the ground. This tightens the knots and stretches your net.
3. Keep the net out of direct sunlight as much as possible. Overtime sunlight will make your net brittle and cause dry rot.
4. After every month or so of using your net, it is a good idea to soak your net for 12 - 24 hours in a bucket of water with 1 cup of liquid fabric softener. Make sure you rinse your net after this step. This will keep your net soft and easier to throw.
5. Do not throw your net over rocks, oysters, up against pilings or any other sharp objects that could rip your net.
6. Store your net in a cool, dry place that is away from sunlight.
Return to Florida Fishing Information page from Cast Net Care page
Return to Florida Fishing Insider Home page
© Copyright Florida-Fishing-Insider.com